How To Pick The Perfect Strawberry
What's more refreshing on a hot day than a big, juicy strawberry? Strawberries are the perfect summer snack, and there's nothing like picking your own strawberries straight from the vine. Luckily for you, we've got all the tips you need to pick the perfect strawberry. Keep reading to learn how!
1. Look for strawberries that are red all the way through. They should be brightly colored, with a deep red hue.
2. Look for strawberries plump and uniform in size.
3. Gently squeeze the strawberry to check for ripeness - it should be firm but not hard.
4. Take a sniff! The strawberry should have a sweet aroma. If it doesn't smell sweet, it probably won't taste sweet either.
5. Inspect the strawberry for any signs of damage. Avoid any that are shriveled, bruised, or have soft, green, or white spots. You don't want any moldy strawberries!
6. Inspect the strawberry stem - it should be green and firmly attached to the strawberry.
7. Finally, put your strawberry in a well-ventilated container so it doesn't get squished!
With these tips in mind, you'll be sure to find the perfect strawberry every time. Happy picking!
Now that you know how to pick the perfect strawberries, it’s time to put them to good use! Check out our delicious strawberry recipes below and get cooking. We can’t wait to see what amazing dishes you create with these sweet, succulent berries. Check out the recipes below. Enjoy!